Best selling Irish PHEVs for 2018 (new car sales)
These are the top 10 best selling new PHEVs for 2018. Find at the bottom the comprehensive sales table, per month. You can also find here the 2018 best selling BEVs list.
1. BMW 530e iPerformance (150) : +384% – This is a very respectable level of sales considering that the 5-series is a premium model. A proof that it has gained respect from its customers and sales network : Only 67 petrol 5-series were sold during the same period. The 520d is still the star of that range but things are slowly changing. Find our test drive here.
2. Kia Niro PHEV (136) : It has landed in 2018 and is the most affordable PHEV on the Irish market, at €31.495. It is ticking all the boxes for an Irish success being a roomy family car with a crossover look, that allowed it to get the second spot of the market.
3. BMW 330e iPerformance (93) : -16% – It was the best selling PHEV last year but is now discontinued… The new 3-series has just been launched and the 330e variant will only arrive during the second part of 2019.
4. Volvo XC90 T8 (66) : +50% – The former best selling Irish PHEV SUV is still going strong.
6. Volvo XC60 T8 (36) : +500%. Not as popular as the XC90 just yet but catching up.
7. Hyundai Ioniq PHEV (28) – Launched in 2018. Could do much better considering its €31995 price and its good efficiency.
7. Porsche Panamera (28) : A compliance car, but representing over 90% of Panamera sales, now that the diesel is gone.
9. Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (26) : +24% – The original PHEV SUV is back, at a much cheaper price tag. Sales have shown great progress during the second part of 2018 and it could be in the 2019 top 3.
10. Toyota Prius (23) : -23%. This doesn’t seem to get much attention from is sales network, a collateral damage from the so called “self-charging” cars campaign that denigrates any car with a socket.