Best selling Irish PHEVs in 2017
After the best selling BEVs, this is the list of the 10 best selling new PHEVs in Ireland, for 2017. A total of 319 PHEVs were sold, with no less than 24 different models available (only 15 in 2016).
1. BMW 330e (111 units sold). Great success for this electrified variant of the 3-series that is getting over a third of the Irish PHEV market.
2. Volvo XC90 T8 (44)
3. BMW 530e (31)
4. Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid (30). After so many hybrids over the years, thi is the first time we get a Toyota with a socket !
5. Mitsubishi Outlander (21) which however remains by far the most popular PHEV with 117 used imports in 2017 and a total of 250 cumulated registrations.
6. Porsche Cayenne (14)
7. Volkswagen Golf GTE (11)
8. Mini Countryman (10)
9. BMW i3 Rex (9), this year not as popular as her engine-less sister.
10. Volkswagen Passat GTE (7), that exists in saloon and estate variants.
Find the 10 best selling EVs below: