On Sunday 27th May, will take place a 500km EV challenge between Lucan and Cork (and back). It’s a eco-rally that will start from Lucan, to be open to as many EV drivers as possible. The goal is to drive the full distance in an optimal time and to prove that a particular driving style could be more efficient on a long distance, depending on the car. When participating to this rally you will contribute to EV awareness by showing Hybrids/ICE drivers that driving a long distance in a BEV is not out of reach!
* Start and End point will be in Lucan FCP .
* Mid-way checkpoint will be in Rochestown FCP. Guillaume Séguin is to man this location.
* This is not a cannonball race, you have to respect rules of the road, and other users at chargers (you don’t have priority to charge over non-participants!). You can bring your other half, kids, or dog in your car.
* It is open to pure BEVs only, all types welcome, from Mitsubishi i-Miev to Tesla Model S. If you have a Rex or PHEV or if you want to only participate in a part of the rally, you can join the fun of course but won’t participate to the official competition (feel free to fill out the form below to let us know you’ll be there)
* The event will start at 8am, with a participant starting every 20 minutes to avoid traffic jams at FCPs and make strategies more interesting. The time gap between participants’ start times might change determined depending on the total number of participants and your exact start time will be communicated at the latest on Friday 25th
* The winner will be the person doing the return trip in the shortest time, not the first to arrive (since participants leave at different times). Waiting time at FCPs is part of the game !
* All participants will share their location on Glympse to allow everyone to see where competition is and maybe alter strategy more fun !). The URL is public and competition followers will also be able to see what strategies are lead, etc. If you don’t share your position you will not participate to the official competition. You will be sent instructions on how to install and use Glympse.
* IEVOA will support this event with Facebook/Twitter/media coverage. Anyone is welcome to Dublin and Cork locations to support participants or organizers and have an EV chat !
* No prizes to win, but no fee to enter this event either!
Note that you will be fully responsible and that that the IEVOA will not be liable for any damage, accident, and other issues resulting from your participation to this event.
If you want to participate, please fill out the form below, before Friday 25th May midnight, and we’ll get back to you with details.
Twitter hashtag : #IrishEVecorally
Glympse, click here to follow participants : !IrishEVecorally
During the event, follow the IEVOA tweets on @IEVOAsso
Any questions ? please reach out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org