The Sixth Annual Irish EV Owners Association Photographic Rally for 2019 is now open.
The aim of the rally is to get EV drivers out and about in their vehicles, using the charge network and experiencing the sights, sounds and tastes of Ireland, all while driving their Electric Vehicles, of course! The rules are simple, visit as many of the points which are on the map below, get a photo of your EV at that point and submit your entry on-line before the 31st of December 2019. Gold, silver and bronze awards will be made depending on how many points you visit. Find here the list of 32 photo locations.
NEW! Photo Competition: An unusual picture
For the photo prize element of this rally there is a small change this year. Take a picture of your vehicle in either an unusual place or in an unusual situation. Best picture wins – it’s as simple as that! You don’t even have to complete the rally points and you may enter as many pictures as you wish.
The basic aims of the Irish EV Owners Association Photographic Rally are: –
- To encourage people to get travelling in their electric cars & have some element of fun, travel & adventure. To get using our EVs more and travelling further. It is open to all electric vehicle drivers and their passengers both Irish and from abroad. Association membership is not required.
- An interest in photography might add an additional dimension to your travels.
- The rally is not a race. It is not a driving rally. It is a Photographic Rally. Plaques are awarded for photographing a certain number of locations.
Special awards might also be given for best photo, best set of photos, youngest participant, overseas entry etc. etc.
The rules & regulations:
- Be careful on the roads – it’s about travelling around our 32 counties, visiting locations and enjoying the sites and the countryside.
- All rules & regulations as relevant to road traffic &/or trespass apply to all participants at all times.
- The organisers accept no liability for damage or loss however that might arise – you take part at your own risk.
- Entries from non-electric cars are not admitted. Only vehicles that can make use of the Public Charge Points qualify.
- Awards will be given in 2 separate categories reflecting the extra effort pure electric vehicles (BEV) have to put in vs Hybrids and Range Extender (PHEV/REX) vehicles.
- Bronze Award – BEV: 12 to 18 counties. PHEV/REX: 20 – 25 counties.
The minimum accepted entry for a Bronze award is 12 locations for BEV and 20 locations for PHEV/REX.
- Silver award – BEV: 19 to 31 counties. PHEV/REX: 26 – 31 counties.
The minimum accepted entry for a Silver award is 19 locations for BEV and 26 locations for PHEV/REX.
- Gold award – BEV and PHEV/REX: all 32 counties.
- Best Photo Award – Take a picture of your EV in an unusual place or situation. Submit as many pictures as you like. Prize will be awarded for the best, most interesting or most unusual location or situation.
- DRIVER: A photograph of the nominated subject is required with your electric vehicle visible – you are encouraged to be creative. Each photo requires the subject and your electric vehicle.
- PASSENGER: A passenger or passengers may enter. A photograph of the nominated location is required with the passenger beside the electric vehicle. The passenger must be clearly visible in the photograph. Same number of location entries apply for participant awards.
- Closing date for entry is 31st Dec 2019 – late entries will not be accepted; you have lots of time to enter!!
- Entries MUST be uploaded onto the Website. Details of uploading are on the Irish Owners website http://www.irishevowners.ie.
- Each photo must have county name and your name. Examples: Limerick JoeBlogs.jpg, Dublin JoeBlogs.jpg
- Passengers need a separate entry to get an award. Passenger entries must also have county name and their name on each photo.
- Photos MUST be in JPEG format only.
- Photos by e-mail are not accepted.
- You must also complete the registration form. This form and details of uploading will be available on the Irish Owners Association website http://www.irishevowners.ie.
- An award presentation will be held in 2020 at the AGM.