The Third Annual Irish EV Owners Association Photographic Rally for 2016 is now open.
The aim of the rally is to get EV drivers out and about in their vehicles, using the charge network and experiencing the landmarks of Ireland, all while driving their Electric Vehicles, of course! The rules are simple, visit as many of the landmarks which are on the map below, get a photo of your EV at that landmark and submit your entry on-line.
You can also download a list of the locations and their co-ordinates here in PDF format: 2016 EV Owners Irish Photographic Rally Locations.
- To encourage people to get travelling in their electric cars & have some element of fun, travel & adventure. To get using our EVs more and travelling further. It is open to all electric vehicle drivers and their passengers both Irish and from abroad. Association membership is not required.
- An interest in photography might add an additional dimension to your travels.
- The rally is not a race. It is not a driving rally. It is a Photographic Rally. Plaques are awarded for photographing a certain number of locations.
Special awards might also be given for best photo, best set of photos, youngest participant, overseas entry etc. etc.
The rules & regulations:
- Be careful on the roads – it’s about travelling around our 32 counties, visiting locations and enjoying the sites and the countryside.
- All rules & regulations as relevant to road traffic &/or trespass apply to all participants at all times.
- The organizers accept no liability for damage or loss however that might arise – you take part at your own risk.
- Entries from non-electric cars are not admitted. Only vehicles that can make use of the Public Charge Points qualify.
- Awards will be given in 2 separate categories reflecting the extra effort pure electric vehicles (BEV) have to put in vs Hybrids and Range Extender (PHEV/REX) vehicles.
- Bronze Award – BEV: 12 to 18 counties. PHEV/REX: 20 – 25 counties.
The minimum accepted entry for a Bronze award is 12 locations for BEV and 20 locations for PHEV/REX.
- Silver award – BEV: 19 to 31 counties. PHEV/REX: 26 – 31 counties.
The minimum accepted entry for a Silver award is 19 locations for BEV and 26 locations for PHEV/REX.
- Gold award – BEV and PHEV/REX: all 32 counties.
- Best Photo Award – All photos submitted will be in with a chance to win Best Photo. Even if you don’t reach the required amount of counties to get a Bronze Award, you can still win something!
- DRIVER: A photograph of the nominated subject is required with your electric vehicle visible – you are encouraged to be creative. So each photo requires the subject and your electric vehicle.
- PASSENGER: A passenger or passengers may enter. A photograph of the nominated location is required with the passenger beside the electric vehicle. The passenger must be clearly visible in the photograph. Same number of location entries apply for participant awards.
- Closing date for entry is Sat 31st Dec 2016 – late entries will not be accepted; you still have some time to enter!!
- Entries MUST be uploaded onto the Irish EV Owners Website. Details of uploading are on the Irish Owners website https://www.irishevowners.ie.
- Each photo must have county name and your name.
Examples: Limerick JoeBlogs.jpg, Dublin JoeBlogs.jpg
- Passengers need a separate entry to get an award. Passenger entries must also have county name and their name on each photo.
- Photos MUST be in JPEG format only.
- Photos by e-mail are not accepted.
- You must also complete the registration form. This form and details of uploading will be available on the Irish Owners Association website https://www.irishevowners.ie.
- A list of each county and its location is on the EV Irish Owners website https://www.irishevowners.ie . There is also a map of all the locations available on the website.
- An award presentation will be held in 2017 at the AGM.
- Judging will be conducted by the public via an on-line voting system. This system will determine the prizes like Best Photo, Best Set of Photos etc.